Hers to Choose

Hers to Choose - Patricia A. Knight Once More for Verdantia We Ride

4.25 Stars

I must say that Ms Knight has delivered another winner with the second installment of the Verdantia Series. Giving us an exciting blend of action, humor, and suspense that helps drive the romance. One of the things I enjoyed the most was the expansion of the world that we were introduced to in Hers to Command. The story seemed to flow naturally from the first novel to the next. Bringing more depth, character and exploration of a sentient land that the aristocratic families (or what remains after near genocide) commune with through sensual rituals.

The pace in this book is faster, the action more urgent, and the battles more intense. I found myself really getting into the greater plot beyond the romance, which I don’t always get to achieve when reading erotic romance. There is a darker current to this story at times and definite moments of violence and torture that might be hard for some readers, but the author handles it well. Though not to worry, there is still romance and heat between Sophie and Eric.

A little side note for all the other Doral fans out there: we get more Doral time in this one. Woohoo.

I recommend this book to readers who enjoy the sexy spice of romance with their sci-fi/fantasy choices.

** Complimentary copy provided by author/publisher for an honest review.**