Bloodsuckers on the Bayou: The Myths, Symbols, and Tales Behind HBO's True Blood - Valerie Estelle Frankel And a Bloody Good Time Was Had By All

4.25 Stars

This book proves to be an entertaining and insightful companion for the television series. As like the title indicates this work focuses on the television series rather than the series of books … as fans may know the happenings of the two worlds of Bon Temps are quite different. Though it would probably be better enjoyed by a reader that is already a fan or at least familiar with the show, than to be used as introduction into the TV world.

I enjoyed that there was quotes and insights from the actors who played the roles tucked throughout the character discussions, giving their unique perspectives on the world in which their character inhabits. Equally appreciated was that the author didn’t just focus solely on the journeys of Bill, Eric, and Sookie … that the secondary characters, that help bring the show a lot of its emotional appeal were explored as well.

On a personal side note: It did my little vampire geek heart wonders to come across all of the Anne Rice, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and the few Vampire Diaries references throughout the book. And I am looking forward to reading some of this author’s other titles in the future.

Without hesitation, I would recommend this book to all the HBO Series fans out there.

** I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review. **